Mealy is a senior partner at SokSiphana&associates, a law and consulting firm specializing in international trade and corporate law in Phnom Penh. Mealy is experienced in advising on domestic and offshore financing matters, structuring for bank capital requirements, asset financing, and the legal and regulatory requirements of the securities exchange and the central bank. She sits as a panel lawyer for seven banks and is also well versed in providing practical legal solutions for clients who require strategic business and investment advice.
Mealy has advised on every aspect of business in a wide range of sectors, including domestic and international investment, commercial banks, and real estate. She has represented public listed real estate companies in a full range of real estate and related transactions, and also covers litigation and arbitration, ranging from personal rights to commercial disputes and corporate concerns.
Mealy has also been involved in law reform and acts as an advisor to the Royal Government of Cambodia on a variety of land and agricultural matters, particularly the Land Law Implementation Project and the Agriculture Sector Development Project with the Asian Development Bank. Her experience in trade law saw her involvement as the Chief Editor/Translator of WTO Trade Negotiations Materials for the Ministry of Commerce.
As a Senior Partner at SokSiphana&associates, she also contributes to the development of the legal infrastructure of the country by serving as Vice President of the National Commercial Arbitration Center (NCAC) as well as one of its founding members. She is also part of the first batch of authorized Trade Mark Agents.
Currently, she sits as a panel lawyer for numerous banks and is well-versed in providing practical legal solutions for clients who require strategic business and investment, particularly for many listed real estate companies. Her extensive experiences in alternative dispute resolutions via arbitration are a welcome addition to her practices in handling commercial disputes.
Mealy began her legal career as a paralegal and Office Manager for Messrs. Sarin & Associates in 1996. She commenced her own legal practice in 2001 upon obtaining her law degree and became a partner of SokSiphana&associates in 2012 when the firm joined the ZICO Law network. She was later promoted to Senior Partner of SokSiphana&associates in 2020.
- Master of Double Degree, University Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and Royal University of Law and Economics (RULE) in collaboration with the University of Montreal, University of Geneva, and French Cooperation Center, Phnom Penh
- Bachelor of Law, National Institute of Management and Royal University of Law and Economics, Phnom Penh
- Member of Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Authorized Trade Mark Agent
- Founding Member of the National Commercial Arbitration Center (NCAC)
- Founding Member of Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia (IPAC)
- Council Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member of association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectual (AIPPI)
- Council Member of ASEAN Intellectual Property Association (IPA) – Cambodian Group
- Council Member of Asia Global Advisory Council of International Trademark Association (INTA) for 2020-2021
- Distinguished practitioner, Banking and finance, AsiaLaw 2020, 2021, 2022
- Distinguished practitioner, Banking and finance, Asia Leading Lawyers 2020, 2021, 2022
- Ranked as Band 3, General Business Law, Chambers (Asia Pacific) 2019, 2020, 2021
- Ranked as Band 3, General Business Law, Chambers (Global) 2020, 2021
- Leading Lawyer, Trademarks, World Trademark Review, 2021
- Leading Lawyer, Construction & Real Estate, Asia Leading Lawyers, 2019
- Leading Lawyer, Intellectual Property, Asia Leading Lawyers, 2018, 2019
- Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year, Global 100, 2019