Leakena is a Partner and Head of Intellectual Property at SokSiphana&associates. She has provided comprehensive advice on domestic and offshore IP matters. She assists clients from all over the world for registration, regularization and compliance, prosecution and litigation, anti-unfair competition, and enforcement of their IP rights and infringement in Cambodia.
Leakena is also a part of the litigation practice group and assists the team in handling lawsuits before, during, and after the trial.
Leakena started her legal career with SokSiphana&associates in 2012 when the firm joined the ZICO Law network. She is an authorized legal mark agent licensed by the Department of Intellectual Property of the Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia. Further, she is a council member of the Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia (IPAC) and the ASEAN Intellectual Property Association Cambodian Group (ASEAN IPA).
- Bachelor of Laws, Royal University of Laws and Economics (2013)
- Master in International Business Law (Double Degree), Royal University of Laws and Economics, and University Libre de Bruxelles (2022)
- Authorized Cambodian Legal Mark Agent (2014)
- Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA) (2016)
- Council member of Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia (IPAC) (2019)
- Council member of ASEAN Intellectual Property Association Cambodian Group (ASEAN IPA) (2021)
- Trademark licensing and franchising in Cambodia
- Procedure of certifying and recordal the letter of exclusive rights on the use of mark
- Online information and audio-visual operators to register trademarks and trade names
- Ministry of Commerce to accept online trademark registration during Phnom Penh lockdown
- What Berne Convention means for Cambodian creators after accession
- New regulations for information and audio-visual operators relating to business registration, and mark and trade name protection
- National Assembly officially ratifies the oldest copyright treaty – the Berne Convention for the protection of literary and artistic works
- Change of name and mandate of the Ministry of Industry and Handicraft
- Third Cambodian product receives PGI status from the EU
- Second Cambodian product receives PGI status in EU
- Cambodia joins the Geneva act of WIPO’s Lisbon agreement