Restructured COVID-19 Measures for Employers and Business Associations
On 16 July 2021, H.E Aun Pornmoniroth, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Ministry of Economy and Finance, and as President of the National Committee for Combating COVID-19, issued Letter No. 5764 សហវ. in response to the request from GMAC*, CAMFEBA*, CFA*, and JBAC* concerning COVID-19 Measures. The Letter laid out five significant points in relation to restructured COVID-19 measures for employers and business associations as follows:
1. Reduction of quarantine period of fully vaccinated employees/workers:
Indirect contact incidents
- Quarantine requirements for workers/employees who indirectly come in contact with COVID-19 patients are waived, so long as they are fully vaccinated and do not exhibit any symptoms.
Close contact incidents
- Quarantine period of any person involved in close contact incidents will remain in place not withstanding their fully vaccinated status.
2. Definition of close contact person
- Close contact person is defined in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
3. COVID-19 Rapid Test expenditures
- The Government will continue to cover costs of COVID-19 rapid antigen tests for incidents of COVID-19 outbreak in factories.
- The definition of “COVID-19 Outbreak” will be defined at a later stage.
- Factories/enterprises will be solely responsible for costs arising from internal use of COVID-19 Rapid Testing in their facilities.
4. Factory site COVID-19 care & treatment expenditures
- The Government agrees that the care and treatment of COVID-19 patients is the sole responsibility of the State.
- The Government encourages homecare treatment of COVID-19 patients with asymptomatic or mild symptoms.
5. Revision of Joint Instruction No. 045/21 ក.ប/ស. ណ ន .ខ.ល dated 6 May 2021
- The Government will adjust its goals and measures for closing and reopening factories-enterprises based on current and future progress in combatting COVID-19.
*GMAC: Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia.
*CAMFEBA: Cambodian Federation of Employers and Business Associations.
*CFA: Cambodian Footwear Association.
*JBAC: Japanese Business Association of Cambodia.
If you need any assistance or require further information, please contact Matthew Rendall, Phirum Ol, or Shan Berg Liew of SokSiphana&associates (a member of ZICO Law).
This alert is for general information only and is not a substitute for legal advice.