Matthew has vast experience in advising foreign and local investors in the areas of corporate, commercial, real estate, labor and investment law and providing valuable insights of the legal developments in Cambodia.
He served as professor of law at Cambodia national law school (Royal University of Law and Economics) and was a founding arbitrator of the Labor Arbitration Council (Cambodia). Matthew has authored and co-authored legal training texts on the Constitutional Law, Property law, Labor Law, Cambodian and International Human Rights law, Contract law, Sales of Goods law, ADR, and Democracy, a Citizens’ Role. Matthew was formerly a member of the Cambodia non-governmental working group on Land Law. He authored a textbook on the 2001 Land Law, jointly published by the ADB and the Cambodian Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction.
Matthew is also Board Member of Eurocham (Cambodia), CAMFEBA (Employers Federation of Cambodia) and the British Business Association of Cambodia
Matthew became Managing Partner in February 2021. Prior to joining SokSiphana&associates, Matthew was the Managing Partner for 12 years at Sciaroni & Associates, a leading international law firm in Cambodia. He has however, been working in the legal sector in Cambodia since 1994. He was formerly a legal advisor to inter-alia The Asia Foundation, Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction (East West Management Institute Cambodia) and the University of San Francisco Cambodian Law and Democracy Project.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney, Australia (1991)
- Certificate in Practical Legal Training, College of Law, St Leonards (University of Technology/Law Society of NSW) (1991)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia (1991)
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Tier 1, General business law, Legal 500, 2020
- Band 1, General business Law, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015-2021
- Band 1, General business Law, Chambers Global, 2017-2021
- Distinguished Practitioner: Corporate/M&A, Real Estate, Asialaw Profiles, 2021
- Highly Regarded, Mergers & Acquisitions, IFLR1000, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000, 2015-2017
“He’s a band one, grade A, first-rate lawyer.” – Client feedback
“Matthew Rendall comes highly regarded by peers, who consider him to be both “great on the legal point of law” and “very hands-on, a real lawyer’s lawyer.” – Editorial Feedback
“A very capable lawyer with a good network in the legal community.” – Client feedback
“Matthew maintains a long-standing reputation in Cambodia and is well known and well-liked by clients and peers” – Editorial feedback