|Sophary is a Senior Associate at SokSiphana&associates. Her area of practice includes real estate, litigation and ADR, family law and Intellectual Property.
Sophary has more than ten years of professional experience working in multi-culture environment and with foreign lawyers from civil and common law in different aspect of law. She advises clients on fair trial rights, due process, due diligent, development projects, long term lease, succession, property transaction and IP protection.
Sophary is a certified expert on investigating SGBV as International Crimes in UNWOMEN-JRR Roster since 2017. In 2019, she was deployed to provide expert recommendation on case management and evidence analysis for judicial chambers of the Jurisdiction Especial para la Paz (JEP) in Colombia.
|Sophary started her early career in public interest work and worked for 9 years defending an accused who was charged of the most serious crimes known to mankind at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia. The charges against her client were eventually dismissed after 13 years of investigation. From 2020 to 2021, She has been assisting the Association of Intellectual Property of Cambodia (IPAC) in the effort to promote IP awareness and protections in national and international platform. She joined SokSiphana&associates/ZICO Law in 2021.|
- Attorney-at-law called to the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- A certified expert on investigating SGBV as International Crimes in UNWOMEN-JRR Roster since 2017.
- Postgraduate studies at Hong Kong University, Hong Kong (2009).
- MA in Peace and Reconciliation Studies, Coventry University, UK (2008).
- B.Ed at Institute of Foreign Language (IFL), Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP) (2005).
- LLB at the Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia (2004).
Women Influencer in Legal Sector, Transparency International of Cambodia, 2020