Sophary is a Senior Associate at SokSiphana&associates. Her area of practice includes real estate, litigation and ADR, family law, and Intellectual Property.
Sophary has more than ten years of professional experience working in multi-culture environments and with foreign lawyers from civil and common law in different aspects of law. She advises clients on fair trial rights, due process, due diligence, development projects, long-term lease, succession, property transactions, and IP protection.
Sophary is a certified expert on investigating SGBV as International Crimes in UNWOMEN-JRR Roster since 2017. In 2019, she was deployed to provide expert recommendations on case management and evidence analysis for judicial chambers of the Jurisdiction Especial para la Paz (JEP) in Colombia.
Sophary started her early career in public interest work and worked for 9 years defending an accused who was charged with the most serious crimes known to mankind at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia. The charges against her client were eventually dismissed after 13 years of investigation. From 2020 to 2021, She has been assisting the Association of Intellectual Property of Cambodia (IPAC) in the effort to promote IP awareness and protections on national and international platforms. She joined SokSiphana&associates in 2021.
- Attorney-at-law called to the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- A certified expert on investigating SGBV as International Crimes in UNWOMEN-JRR Roster since 2017.
- Postgraduate studies at Hong Kong University, Hong Kong (2009).
- MA in Peace and Reconciliation Studies, Coventry University, UK (2008).
- B.Ed at Institute of Foreign Language (IFL), Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP) (2005).
- LLB at the Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia (2004).
Women Influencer in Legal Sector, Transparency International of Cambodia, 2020