Daron is a Partner, Head of Business and Transactions in Cambodia. He is qualified to practice law in Malaysia and has assisted in several key multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions involving inward and outward investments, companies’ listings in local or foreign stock exchanges, cross-borders mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate restructuring exercises and regulatory compliances. He has advised on several major real estate development projects in the region of South East Asia and acted for various multi-national corporations in infrastructure and power generation sector in the Kingdom of Cambodia. Daron also has vast experience in the financial services industry in Malaysia and Cambodia where he has advised in various corporate banking transactions, project financing transactions and numerous Malaysian aircraft financing transactions.
Daron’s exposure includes providing corporate advisory work in the various industries, assisting in the law reform of Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia and conducting due diligence exercises for both private and public companies in Malaysia and in Cambodia.
“Daron practiced as a corporate lawyer in Zaid Ibrahim & Co’s Singapore Practice Group before joining SokSiphana&associates as a foreign counsel in 2012. He subsequently became a corporate counsel at SokSiphana&associates in 2015 and was later promoted to Head of Legal. In 2022, he was promoted again to Partner, Head of Business and Transactions.”
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of London, United Kingdom
- Certified in Legal Practice, Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia
- Admitted to the High Court of Malaya (2010)
- Band 3: General Business Law, Chambers (AP), 2021
- Next Generation Lawyer: General Business Law, Legal 500, 2018-2020
- Rising Star: Banking & Finance, Asialaw Profiles 2021
- Notable Practitioner: Real Estate, Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2019
“Adept and accustomed to working at an international standard with experience and know-how of the local regulatory environment.” Client Feedback